The PolymathGeek’s Roadmap
Welcome to my list of Great, Grandiose And Goofy Goals!
Each goal on the list below is one more step in the journey to become a PolymathGeek. Note that I said journey and not destination. And this is because this journey is never ending. And that is why this list is ever growing. But my ultimate aim in achieving the goals on this list is not just personal fulfillment. Its about helping other people find joy and fulfillment as well. Want to learn origami? Go ahead. Want to learn to fly a plane? Sign up for some lessons. Bruce Lee your idol? Then stop watching the 57th rerun of Enter the Dragon and start practicing. As the saying goes: As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. So, with that thought I will now introduce you to my (already huge and still growing) bucket list. Each item in my list is inspired by a famous personality. Here we go…
Leonardo Da Vinci
- Fold a really realistic looking Origami Dragon.
- Build a rubber band powered ornithopter.
- Build an electric motor powered ornithopter which looks like a dragon and breathes fire.
- Start Aeromodelling using the Simple Plastic Aeroplane Design (SPAD) Principle.
- Build every project in the “Mechatronics for the Evil Genius” book.
- Learn wood whittling/carving.
- Learn Pencil sketching
- Draw a pencil self portrait so realistic that it looks like a black and white photograph.
- Start building BEAM robots.
- Learn Calligraphy.
- Learn decorative knotting(Fusion knots).
- Build a Chu Ko Nu.
- Completely convert your home to solar and wind power and go off the power grid.
- Solve a Rubik’s cube in under 10 seconds.
- Learn to play the violin and perform in front of at least 1000 people.
- Go white water rafting in Bheemeshwari.
- Go white water rafting in the Grand Canyon.
- Go Snorkeling and Scuba diving in the Andamans.
- Visit Bhutan.
- Visit Japan.
- Visit the Taj Mahal.
- Go trekking in Chikamagalur during the monsoons.
- Go skiing in the Alps.
- Climb the Himalayas.
- Visit Switzerland.
- Visit the pyramids in Egypt.
- Scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef.
- Visit New Zealand.
- Undertake a bicycle trip from Bangalore to Mysore and back.
- Undertake a bicycle trip from Bangalore to Biligiri Ranga Hills and back.
- Undertake a bicycle trip from Bangalore to Leh and back.
- Climb the Eiffel Tower.
- Visit Thailand.
- Visit Mauritius.
- Visit Rajasthan.
- Visit Hampi.
- Visit Badami, Aihole and Pattadkal.
- Visit Europe.
- Learn a new language (my fifth)
- Learn a sixth language.
- Learn long distance open water swimming.
- Learn Total Immersion Swimming.
- Perform 100 one armed, one legged pushups each side.
- Perform 100 one legged squats each side.
- Perform 25 one armed pullups.
- Perform 100 handstand pushups.
- Learn Krav Maga.
- Learn Muay Thai.
- Learn Karate.
- Learn Judo.
- Learn Archery.
- Learn Slinging
- Learn Japanese Traditional Archery
- Learn Korean Traditional Archery
- Learn waterskiing.
- Learn hanggliding and earn a hanggliding license.
- Learn to pilot a plane and earn a commercial pilot’s license.
- Pilot a stunt plane and perform at the Aero India.